Product Manager, Law Enforcement
INHOPE is the global network combatting online Child Sexual Abuse Material (CSAM). The network consists of 50 hotlines in 46 countries that provide the public with a way to anonymously report illegal content online with a focus on CSAM. The mission of INHOPE is to support the network of hotlines in combatting online Child Sexual Abuse Material. INHOPE hotlines are committed to our vision of removing CSAM as rapidly as possible. We are a motivated and committed team and if you want to make a difference, come and talk to us. INHOPE’s headquarters are located in Amsterdam.
We are looking for someone who shares our mission. Are you dynamic, resourceful and ready to make a difference?
A crucial element of our work is the development of the ICCAM system (I C ‘see’ Child Abuse Material) – which is a technology platform allowing hotlines to exchange reports of CSAM so that it can be investigated and removed from the internet as rapidly as possible. The ICCAM Ecosystem Platform is at a phase when the Platform will be separated into three portals: Reporting, Law Enforcement and Metadata. Each component will have its own roadmap, strategic plan and goals. We are looking for a Product Manager to lead the delivery of the Law Enforcement Portal and be a product owner/product manager of this platform component. A key element of this role is stakeholder management with our law enforcement partners (INTERPOL Criminal Officers and national law enforcement) and our outsourced software development partner company.
You will need experience in the software development process from use case analysis & user engagement, through to process design, development management, project management of implementation/delivery and team management including coordination of outsourced software development team.
- Stakeholder management of our law enforcement partners
- Management of relationships with our outsourced software development partner company to ensure cost-effective & timely development
- Work with law enforcement officers to assemble and sanitize feedback for features and plan releases
- Scope management for the long-term strategic view of the ICCAM Law Enforcement Portal
- Delivery of clear technical specifications documentation/plans for INHOPE both in the short and long term.
- Acting as a point for escalation and reporting on project deadlines
Note: exposure to child sexual abuse material (CSAM) is not a planned part of this role but there is a potential that you may be indirectly exposed to CSAM at some point. INHOPE has a mandatory staff welfare policy governing this area.
- Strong team skills.
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders and managing expectations.
- Experience in the software development process (2 years minimum) in a SCRUM/AGILE environment.
- Experience of coordination with international projects, EU funded projects is a plus.
- Evidence of delivering products on time & on budget while meeting all expectations.
- Experience with external supplier contract management in software management including negotiation.
- Knowledge and experience of modelling platforms/tools for different user cases.
- A relevant technical degree (or experience equivalent).
- SCRUM/AGILE certified product owner/product manager.
- Trust and Safety or Law Enforcement experience would be an advantage.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Remote working.
- Friendly and respectful organisational culture.
- Opportunity to work on an important cause.
- Opportunity to develop skillsets.
- Training and coaching budget available.
- A flexible, inspiring work environment that values teamwork, collaboration, learning and innovation.
- Travel: INHOPE is an international organisation – thus travel will be part of this role, which at certain periods of the year may be 25% of the time.
- Terms: Salary is dependent on experience, but it will be in the range indicated. INHOPE offers 25 days of leave per year, a pension contribution of 6.5% and 8% holiday pay.
- Language: The business language of INHOPE is English.
- Contract: This will be an initial contract of 12 months with 1 month's probation time.
Applicants are preferably based in Amsterdam and are either EU citizens or residents that hold a valid work permit. We are obliged to recruit first within the Netherlands, the rest of the EU, the European Economic Area and Switzerland, and then the rest of the world. INHOPE can apply for work permits for applicants that need one.
How to apply and what to expect in our recruitment process
Let's do great things together! Apply Now or send your CV accompanied by a supporting letter to email@example.com the latest by 15th of April 2023. Upon a review of your application and a potential match with our position, we will invite you to a series of interviews (virtually).
Accountable to: Head of Technology and Innovation
Hours: Full time – 37,5 hrs/week
Start date: as soon as possible
Salary: 46.000 - 49.000 € annual gross salary
Send your CV accompanied by a letter of motivation by April 15 to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply online'