INHOPE members elect new board members
June 22, 2018
On 14th June 2018, INHOPE organised the Annual General Meeting(AGM) in Crete, Greece. This meeting marked the end of the tenure of our existing executive board members: Arda Gerkens, John Shehan, Miguel Garcia Torres, Malle Hallimäe, and Carolina Piñeros. We would like to thank our outgoing board members for all the work undertaken by them during their tenure as board members of INHOPE.
An election for new board members was held during the AGM and the INHOPE members elected a new executive board for a period for two years.
- Fred Langford from IWF (United Kingdom) as President of the INHOPE board
- Ana Niculescu from ISPAI (Ireland) as Vice President
- Meltini Christodoulaki from FORTH (Greece) as Treasurer
- Carolina Piñeros from Red PaPaz (Colombia) as INHOPE Foundation President
- Peter-Paul Urlaub from eco (Germany) as board member without portfolio
- Sean Lyons from Netsafe (New Zealand) as board member without portfolio
Fred Langford, in his capacity as President of INHOPE said, “It is a privilege to serve as President of INHOPE and together with my fellow board members I look forward to working with the secretariat and membership in strengthening the INHOPE network. Since INHOPE was first established the online landscape has changed considerably with complete global connectivity within sight. The challenge now for the INHOPE network is to leverage developments in technology to remove illegal material from the internet as quickly as possible.”
Denton Howard, Executive Director of INHOPE in his welcome to the new board members said, "I look forward to working with the newly elected members of the INHOPE board. The INHOPE network is a global network and the composition of the Board is a reflection of this diversity. Online Child Sexual Abuse and exploitation is a global issue which we will work together to achieve a global impact."
Back to News List